All RPGs and Storygames by Tod Foley are now available at DrivethruRPG. Bring these games to your table!
A translator which allows you to export source data into a JSON and import the translated in return.
Paragraphs is a new way of content creation. It allows the site builders to make things cleaner and can give more editing power to the end-users.
“Paragraphs” is a very popular module in drupal, used for handling content. It is similar to content fields and provides a wide range of options for designs, layout, and grouping of content as per the requirements.
Paragraphs can be of different types. They can be anything from an image to a video, or a simple text to a configurable slideshow.
Instead of putting all the data in one body field, we can create multiple Paragraphs Types with different structures. This allows the end user to choose between pre-defined Paragraphs Types. By using Paragraphs, we can create multiple featured Paragraphs, allowing the end users to pick the one most suitable for their needs.
The Drupal Paragraphs module is easily manageable for non-technical users, while also offering Drupal developers the ability to control the appearance of the elements at the theme level.
Drupal Paragraphs module requires Entity Reference Revision module. To work with drupal paragraph module, install and enable Entity Reference Revision module.
2. Create a new Paragraphs Type
- To take the advantages of Drupal Paragraphs module, create at least one Paragraphs Types.
- Navigate to Structure > Paragraphs types.
- Click on “Add paragraph types”.
- On the next page, there are three fields to be filled. Label, Paragraph type icon and description. The Label field(mandatory), is the name given to the paragraph type created. If required, icon and the description of the paragraph can be given.
- After editing, click on “save and manage fields”.
- In manage fields, click on “Add field”.
- Here you can add more fields as per the requirement. These fields include text fields, image fields, boolean etc.. This is similar to adding fields in content type.
- After adding the field, click on “save and continue”.
- On clicking “save and continue”, you will be guided to the “Field settings” tab. For any of these fields, there are settings such as, maximum length and allowed number of values. This is useful to allow more than one value for some fields when it is required.
- Click on “save field settings”.
- In the next tab we can set the title for the field which is displayed when the new content is created.
- Then click on “save settings”.
- Now the field created can be seen inside Paragraphs Types.
3. Add Paragraphs to the content type:
- Navigate to Structure > Content type. Choose the content type for which the created paragraph is required.
- Go to “manage fields” of the content type and click “add field”.
- To use Paragraphs, open the “Select a field type” dropdown list and select “Paragraph” under “Reference revisions”. After selecting “Paragraph” give a label name for the field which is used while creating the content. After labeling, click on “save and continue”.
- On the next page, there are two settings “Type of item to reference” and “Allowed number of values”. “Type of item to reference” should be set to “Paragraph” and under “number of values”, it is better to set it to “Unlimited” so that we can value innumerable times. Click “Save field settings”.
- Clicking “Save field settings” will take us to the next tab where there are options to choose the paragraphs type to be used in this content type. If we want a particular paragraph type to be used, check on the paragraph that is required. Else, click ”Save settings” without checking the paragraph types. This will give dropdown during the content creation and we can use any paragraphs that are created.
- By clicking “Save settings” we can see the field with type entity reference revisions.
4. Adding contents to the content type having drupal paragraphs.
- Go to Content > Add content, and choose the content type to which paragraph is added.
- You will see a paragraph field with all the fields added to the paragraphs. There are two more options: They are “remove” and “Add (title of the field referred to the paragraph)”. To add multiple values of the same structure, click on add, and to remove paragraph, click on remove.
Features of Paragraphs module
- Allows the editor to create different structures on each page.
If there are different structures on the same page or different pages, paragraphs can be used. For ex. There is an image with text on the top and slideshow on the bottom. We can use Paragraphs to make this less complicated.
- Allows the editor to change the order of the paragraphs.
If there is a change in display, like there is an image on the top followed by title and description, and you want to change it to title to the top followed by image and description. Such changes can be done using paragraphs easily.
Go to “manage display” of the paragraphs used and change the order, which will change the display order of all the content wherever the paragraph is used.
- Paragraphs can be nested
One paragraph field can be referred to in another paragraph field. While selecting field to paragraphs, select “Paragraph” under “Reference revisions” and select which paragraphs type you want to add.
The paragraph module is a very popular module which is used in most of the websites created using drupal. By using paragraphs, end users are asked only to add content as per their requirement and the developers can write the stylings using CSS for displaying the content. The styling and settings are done before adding the content. This makes the content creation easier for both the technical and non-technical users, allowing the content to appear in a consistent manner. If you are looking to develop a custom module for Drupal or any other Drupal development services, contact us.
Drupal Planet Shefali ShettyApr 05, 2017 Subscribe For Our Newsletter And Stay Updated Subscribe
Leave us a CommentShefali ShettyApr 05, 2017 Recent Posts Image Drupal Paragraphs Module in Drupal 8 - A Complete Tutorial Image CSV Import to Migrate Drupal 7 to 8 - A complete guide Image Configuring the Drupal 8 Metatag Module Want to extract the maximum out of Drupal? Contact us TALK TO US Featured Success Stories
Know more about our technology driven approach to recreate the content management workflow for 7.ailink
Find out how we transformed the digital image of world’s largest healthcare provider, an attribute that defined their global presence in the medical world.link
Discover how a Drupal powered internal portal encouraged the sellers at Flipkart to obtain the latest insights with respect to a particular domain.link
Separate JS files are good but in certain cases (e.g. tracking scripts) it might be useful to just add a piece of inline code to a specific page.
This can easily be achieved from a custom module by implementing hook_page_attachments(), checking the page you are on and adding the JS code to the HTML head.superuser Tue, 18/02/2020 - 12:06
In this post, I’ll discuss the importance of time management and give you some tips on how to effectively manage your time and get more out of your life. By the end of the post, you’ll be one step closer to having full control over how and where you spend your time.READ MORE
CCAvenue payment gateway integration using custom form block for any content type.
It provides CCAvenue Payment Gateway settings in Admin Panel under Configuration menu.
It provides single checkout option for getting payment done for any of the content type that are paid.
The Disable Author module gives the functionality to hidden the author form from selected roles in configuration.
Adds a textfilter which adds a data-hover attribute with the value of the link-text to links.
<a href="http://www.drupal.org">Link to Drupal</a>
<a data-hover="Link to Drupal" href="http://www.drupal.org">Link to Drupal</a>
This is useful if you want to make fancy CSS links as seen here for instance.
Addon for Private Message for chat on every web-site page like on the site www.linkedin.com
Field type for Myanmar mobile phone numbers.
Filters Second Field Select Options based on first field values using ajax.
Second Field must contain first field text separated with ( - ).
eg: Second Field Values : (Second Field value - First Field Value)
A module that automatically adds libraries to your project for your CSS and JS files.
This module lets you make use of form modes for default entities as nodes, taxonomy terms or comments. It hooks up form modes corresponding to entity form routes. The route to add or edit an entity is called "entity.taxonomy_term.add" or "entity.node.edit_form". All you have to do to display i.e. the edit form in its own form mode is to offer a form mode with the (machine) name "edit_form" (the last part of the route name). This is automatically selected by this module to display the form.
This module provides a basic multiple choice question-answer format for the Easy quiz module.
This month for SC DUG I gave a talk on the importance of self-directed learning for professional development as a developer — or really any other modern career. It was an extension and revision of my December blog post on the same topic. The presentation runs a hair over 30 minutes, and parts of the discussion are included as well.
We frequently use these presentations to practice new presentations, try out heavily revised versions, and test out new ideas with a friendly audience. If you want to see a polished version checkout our group members’ talks at camps and cons. So if some of the content of these videos seems a bit rough please understand we are all learning all the time and we are open to constructive feedback.
If you would like to join us please check out our up coming events on MeetUp for meeting times, locations, and remote connection information.
Creates an Event content type and a related Events view, with tabs to show upcoming and past events.This module is intended to help you get started using Smart Date.
Once installed, the module doesn't really provide any additional functionality, so it can be safely uninstalled right away.
This module has been tested to work with both the 8.x-1.x and 8.x-2.x branches of Smart Date.
Extends the Entity reference field by adding a weight property